This course will introduce students to the basics of building and design. The curriculum introduces the study of architecture and the built environment, encompassing art, social studies, language arts, history, science and math. These lessons are designed to use the students bodies, minds, and imaginations to explore how buildings and cities are designed and built. Lessons appeal to the various learning styles of students as they look, explore, think and design. In considering how to create practical, safe and attractive environments, students develop skills of observation, reasoning and critical thinking. These skills will develop within them an appreciation and respect for the built environment. This class will use a variety of materials to explore the curriculum
Dates: Year long class; 1st semester 9/14/2020- 11/30/2020 (12/7/20 built-in for makeup)
2nd semester 1/11/2021- 3/29/2021 (no Spring break)( 4/5/2020 built-in for makeup)
Costs: Class- $125 + $25 supply fee/ semester (due on 9/14/20 & 1/11/21 unless previous arrangements are made.)
Where: Epiphany Lutheran Church, 6606 Maplecrest Road, Fort Wayne
Text: No book is required
- Homework is due 1 week after assigned
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact me with questions. I always answer in a timely manner. Email is the best way to contact me.
- Students will behave and treat each other with respect. If a student has to be reprimanded, I will call parents. If it continues without resolution, the student will be asked to leave the class WITHOUT A REFUND. (I have never had this be an issue.)
- There is a $25 enrollment fee and the $25 supply fee are due upon enrollment. This will hold the students spot in class. These are non-refundable if the class is dropped after 2 weeks. The enrollment fee will come off of the tuition on the first day of class.
- If a student has special needs, please contact the teacher directly to discuss.