Grade Level: 8th – 12th grades
Ages: 13 & up
Classes Meet: Thursdays
Semester 1: Thursday, September 9th – December 2nd, 2021
Semester 2: Thursday, January 13th – March 31st, 2022.
(December 9th and April 7th will be make-up days if needed.)
Times: 11: 00 am – 11:55 am
Instructor: Olivia Augenstein
Instructor Email: email@example.com
Tuition / Fees: $250.00 tuition ($125.00 per semester) + $25.00 Supply fee per semester. An enrollment fee of $25 plus the materials fee of $25 is due within 2 weeks of registration and will come off of your tuition. Both the supply fee and enrollment fee are non-refundable and will hold your place in the class.
This class is an in-depth view of the Earth, how it works and what it is made of. This class will be a combination of a lecture and hands-on labs that correlate. The students will be studying rocks, minerals, water and their cycles. This class will also cover earthquakes and mountain building. The required textbook is Prentice Hall Earth Science, 2009.
Dates: Full Year Class
Costs: $125 + $25 supply fee/ semester ( due on first class of each semester, unless previous arrangements are made.)
Where: Epiphany Lutheran Church, 6606 Maplecrest Road, Fort Wayne
Required text: Prentice Hall, Earth Science by Tarbuck & Lutgens (please no New York versions). I’m teaching from the 2006 New Jersey version.
Time requirement: We will cover one chapter each week. There is weekly reading, questions and vocabulary that will be due. The readings are to be done BEFORE the class. There will be unit tests.
- This class is an interactive lecture/lab. We will be doing hands-on activities while listening to lectures. Students are expected to participate in class. They will not have time to take notes. I can send power points to those that need them. Hence, why every student needs to come to class with the chapter already read.
Grades: Based on homework, vocabulary and unit tests. The unit test will be take home and open book. This class is worth 1 credit per semester.
- I encourage each student to outline the entire chapter each week as they are reading it.
- The homework is due the week after the lecture. i.e. week 1 Read chapter 1, questions and vocab for chapter 1 are due at the beginning of class on week 2. That way students have time to ask questions, if need be. I will only allow an assignment to be 2 weeks late. If more the student will receive a zero.
Expectations: Students will complete readings before class. Students will study the vocabulary and ask questions when needed. If a class is missed, it is the student’s responsibility to complete the readings and the homework. Students have one week to complete missed work. After that they will receive a zero.
- Student’s will behave and treat each other with respect. If a student has to be reprimanded, I will call parents. If it continues without resolution, students will be asked to leave the class without a REFUND. ( I have never had this be an issue).
- If you have a student with special needs please contact the teacher directly to discuss.